WHO MAY OBTAIN A DEATH CERTIFICATE?
- Administrator or executor of the decedent’s estate
- Immediate family members
- Veterans Administration or an accredited veteran’s organization (no charge)
- A person having a personal or property right interest in the record with a letter or document from the agency that needs the death certificate (such as car title transfer)
HOW TO OBTAIN A DEATH CERTIFICATE:
Come into the Washington County Clerk’s Office, 101 E. St. Louis St., Nashville, IL 62263, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and fill out an application.
Download Certification of Death Record Application (PDF)
Fill out the application and mail it along with a photocopy of a current and valid acceptable form of identification and a check or money order made payable to the Washington County Clerk to:
Washington County Clerk
101 E. St. Louis St.
Nashville, IL 62263
WHAT ARE THE FEES FOR A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE?
The fee is $19 for the first copy and $9 for each additional copy of the same certificate, requested at the same time.
WHAT ARE THE ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF CURRENT AND VALID IDENTIFICATION?
- Illinois Drivers License
- Illinois State Identification Card
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- Selective Service Card
- Out-of-State Drivers License
- U.S. Naturalization Certificate
- U.S. Immigration Card
- U.S. Passport