REQUIREMENTS FOR GENEALOGY SEARCHES FOR DEATH, MARRIAGE AND BIRTH RECORDS
In order to complete the genealogy searches, please provide a written request with the following information:
- Complete names of the individuals for the records you are requesting. Please note, for the marriage records you will need to provide the bride’s maiden name.
- Dates of the deaths, marriages and births you are requesting. Please note, marriage records start with 1832, birth records start with 1877 and death records start with 1877.
- Copy of your photo ID – driver’s license is fine.
- Payment for the searches. The cost is $10.00 per name per Death and Birth and $10.00 per couple per search for marriages. The search fees are non-refundable if no records are found.
- All copies will be stamped “For Genealogical Purposes Only”. They will not be certified copies.
- If certified copies of Birth or Marriage records are requested, the fee is $15.00 for the first certified copy and $5.00 for each additional copy at the same time request is made. For certified Death records the fee is $19.00 for the first certified copy and $9.00 for each additional copy at the same time request is made.
Birth records – those that have been on file for longer than 75 years.
Death records – those that have been on file for longer than 20 years.
Marriage records – those that have been on file for longer than 50 years.